1、 Problems that laser hair removal can solve — indications
Axillary hair, hairy forearm, hairy lower leg, hairy upper lip, hairy between eyebrows (lianxinmei), hairy sideburns (sideburns down), hairy mandible. The areola is hairy, the front chest is hairy, the lower abdomen and perineum are hairy (bikini), and the back waist is hairy. The hairline moves forward, etc.
Pseudofolliculitis of beard.
2、 Adverse reactions and risks of laser hair removal
Intraoperative and postoperative pain, edema and erythema around hair follicles.
Epidermal injury, recurrence of herpes simplex, folliculitis, pigmentation, hypopigmentation and depigmentation. Scar.
Freckles disappear and tattoo or pigmented damage is reduced.
Postoperative reticular erythema, pruritus and urticaria.
Abnormal hair growth.
3、 Contraindications and precautions
- It is forbidden for those with active skin infection.
- Use with caution for those with serious cardiopulmonary, liver and kidney diseases and infectious diseases.
- It is forbidden for pregnant and lactating women, and should be used with caution for menstrual women.
- It is forbidden to take oral retinoids within 6 months.
- Scar constitution should be used with caution or forbidden.
- Those who have a history of repeated infection with Staphylococcus or herpes simplex virus should use it with caution. If necessary, please take oral relevant drugs to prevent infection.
- Patients with vitiligo or psoriasis should be used with caution or forbidden.
- Oral administration of phenytoin sodium, cyclosporin, immunosuppressant, hormone therapy and other drugs, suffering from delayed skin porphyria, thyroid disease, metastatic tumor, dystrophic disease or anorexia nervosa, polycystic ovary syndrome, hairiness may be affected by it, and the effect of laser treatment may be poor.
4、 Mechanism and requirements
The selective photothermal theory and the fine anatomical structure and physiological changes of hair follicle are the premise that laser hair removal can be effective for a long time and even achieve permanent hair removal.
Lasers with special wavelengths, such as 808nm semiconductor laser, can penetrate a certain depth of the skin (dermis) to reach the treatment depth (the longer the wavelength, the deeper the penetration depth). Melanin in hair follicles can absorb photon energy of certain wavelengths and produce thermal changes, which makes it possible for laser to destroy hair follicles (other tissue components in dermis do not absorb laser energy of these wavelengths). What needs to be considered is how much energy can destroy the hair follicle and make the melanin interfered by the epidermis not have destructive consequences (the melanin of the epidermis is a very important interference factor, and the skin color is a very important interference factor), that is, how to effectively depilate without complications. This balance needs the objective conditions of the patient itself, the professional medical knowledge and clinical operation experience of the operator, as well as the strict relevant nursing before and after operation. The color and thickness of hair to be depilated and the skin type of patients determine the curative effect and complications to a certain extent.